Thursday, January 8, 2009

A new approach...

I've always found that teaching helps me learn what I'm teaching exponentially faster than just doing the same thing over and over. It's part of why I tend to over-explain myself and/or make people feel like I'm talking down to them about something... Over-explaining in detail is how I learn to understand things. In other words, teaching. Not preaching or complaining or belittling, but teaching. As the teacher, I also learn a great deal about my subject.

Thusly, and with the initial idea and push to try it driven by Kelley, I am beginning a new series of posts for this blog in addition to my daily photo (I know I've slacked recently). A weekly lesson. More like a thought, really. Or a technique... a pondering... an assignment... A call to action. Once a week I'll post some kind of commentary on the art of photography that is meant to be thought of as a beginner to intermediate class in the craft. It's mostly to help me, but I hope that it is a benefit in some way to those that choose to read it as well. First post will be this weekend.

2 comments:

prettythingsrock said...

Well, I look forward to those posts then! That is such a great idea!

Kelley said...

I LOVE the idea, you know this. ;)